Summer time is the most popular time to move for most people. Mainly because the weather is nice and the only restriction to slow the process is traffic when moving your belongings. Even though the conditions are perfect for moving, there are some things that you should take into consideration. These moving tips will make sure that the heat does not get to you during your move.
- Hydration – This is the most important tip that should go without saying. Moving uses a lot of energy and strain. Add in the high temperatures and humidity of summer and if you are not hydrated, things could end up bad. So make sure you have water around you at all times during the move.
- Clothing – Summer means sun, and sun means heat. Moving with heat is bad in it of itself, but add in some dark or heavy clothing and moving can be a nightmare. Make sure you wear light clothing, maybe a white shirt to reflect the sun and its heat. In addition, make sure you wear plenty of sun screen.
- AC – Why come from a muggy exterior into a muggy and hot interior? Make sure you turn on the AC of the new apartment or house as soon as you get there. That way while you are moving things from outside, you will enter a cool house. This will help you retain energy as your body is not sweating all your energy out from the heat.
- Timing – Timing is key, especially in the summer. Kids are out of school, parents and business people are taking vacations. The roads will be very busy, so you need to take this into account. The beginning and ending of the summer months are always the busiest. Whether it is people leaving or returning from vacation or everyone picking those times to move. Moving in the middle of the month is the best time to move as there won’t be that many people on the road.
- Packing – You will have everything in your labeled boxes ready to go. However, keep in mind that some items are heat sensitive. CDs and DVDs may warp in the heat, candles can melt, and some items may stick together. Art can warp in the heat, especially acrylic paintings! Make sure you keep in mind of what belongings are in which boxes and make sure they get inside first so they are not destroyed while waiting in the hot truck.
Following these quick moving tips will assure you a better move during the summer. If you would like to have our trusted moving service help you with your move contact us today!