Quick Tips For Local Moving
NThe moving process is already stressful as is with planning, packing, loading, and unloading. This overwhelmingness is heightened even when it’s just a local move. It is important to properly pack the moving truck because items can be damaged through transport. Here is a quick list of tips for local moving to help you!
- Pack your belongings for the long haul and make sure all items are packed neatly and are well cushioned inside their respective boxes.
- Insure your belongings with a licensed and insured moving company because a lot can happen during the process, so it is always a good idea to check your movers insurance policies.
- Keep items you will need upon arrive close to you and separate from everything else.
- Inspect outdoor furniture for any insect infestation before loading.
- Pack your mattress in one of our mattress bags so it will remain clean and sanitary during transport.
- Don’t pack food or liquids as they can go bad or be crushed in transport which can affect other items in the truck.
- Organize belongings when packing for easy unloading when you reach your destination.
- Mark your moving boxes with your name and information of where the box is going. This is just in case your mover has another family’s belongings that are going to the same location.
- Be aware of the delivery window as moves usually have windows of when belongings will get to the destination. Pack clothes and necessary items you will need during this waiting period.
- Be cautious of your move-in situation as you will need to calculate if you can have the big moving truck parked in your home or neighborhood or if a smaller shuttle will be needed.
- Know of your building’s move-in stipulations if you are moving to an apartment or condo as different places have different policies.
Warning: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/junkrem7/public_html/wp-content/themes/cortana/templates/single-blog/post-author.php on line 1